Stress At Work
Getting more and more skilled at managing stress associated with work has huge benefits. Aim to build up resilience which, in turn, can help you adapt better to changing circumstances.
Ideally, do not try and cope with stress alone. Involve and get support from colleagues whom you expect you can rely on. Outlined here are some simple strategies:
- Recognising the signs of stress you tend to experience and the causes is a good place to start
- Work out what you find stressful and what you find helpful in the workplace. Once you know what works for you , think about talking to your employer about this.
- Try different coping techniques that you can use as soon as you start to feel pressure building. Everyone is different. It may take time to find a method that works for you.
- Look after you physical health and exercise regularly.
- Try mindfulness. Focusing on the here and now can help you to develop the ability to respond to difficult situations in new, more effective ways.
'How To Manage Stress' guide published by British mental health organisation Mind. Download Here
'Improve Your Wellbeing Through Physical Activity' guide published by British mental health organisation Mind. Download Here